Become a Member
To become a member, please visit or call our office at 800.762.0997 during normal business hours. By joining an electric cooperative, you’re joining a business that is owned and controlled equally by those who use it. We are a business more interested in serving you, our consumer-member, than making money. We’re excited to be the cooperative serving your electric needs!
Pioneer employs more than 50 people. We serve more than 17,000 members in 11 counties, Champaign, Miami, Shelby, Mercer, Auglaize, Logan, Union, Madison, Clark, Montgomery and Darke. We have two locations to serve you — our headquarters in Piqua and district facility in Urbana.
Pioneer Electric Cooperative is committed to exceeding the energy needs and expectations of our consumer-members by providing safe, high quality responsive service at fair prices.
7 Cooperative Principles
- Voluntary and Open Membership: Cooperatives are voluntary organizations, open to all persons able to use their services and willing to accept the responsibilities of membership.
- Democratic Member Control: Cooperatives are democratic organizations controlled by their members, who actively participate in setting policies and making decisions.
- Members’ Economic Participation: Members contribute equitably to, and democratically control, the capital of their cooperative.
- Autonomy and Independence: Cooperatives are autonomous, self-help organizations controlled by their members. Education, Training and Information: Cooperatives provide education and training for their members, elected representatives, managers and employees so they can contribute effectively to the development of their cooperatives.
- Cooperation Among Cooperatives: Cooperatives serve their members most effectively and strengthen the cooperative movement by working together.
- Concern for Community: While focusing on member needs, cooperatives work for the sustainable development of their communities.