- Conveys the Cooperative’s mission and beliefs to members and co-workers through interactions and approach to responsibilities. Must demonstrate familiarity with and adhere to the Cooperative’s safety rules and practices, including cybersecurity initiatives.
- Responsible for being a member of the Honda/KTH Engineer on-call group which is “on call” a week at a time to support the Cooperative’s commitment of service to Honda and KTH. Performs inspections of industrial substations the week of being on call.
- Assist with the development of long- and short-range planning associated with all major system distribution line and substation improvements. Develops construction work plans, new delivery point applications and other planning related studies. Presents plan to Manager of Engineering for review and approval. Must be able to learn and utilize efficiently various computer software packages to related studies and analyses.
- Assists Director of Technical Services & Engineering with the design of new substations or modifications/upgrades of existing substations.
- Assists Director of Technical Services & Engineering with project management of new substation construction or modifications/upgrades of existing.
- Performs distribution sectionalizing studies.
- Assists in the preparation of cost of service studies.
- Assists the billing department with billing analysis as needed.
- Assist department personnel in gathering information and scheduling annual testing of 1-phase and 3-phase meters.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation by consultants of annual load forecasts (PRS – Power Requirements Study), Honda and KTH load projections, LP load forecasts, and other load forecast related functions. Presents forecast to Manager of Engineering for review and approval.
- Provides SCADA support to Electronics Technician and acts a backup in SCADA display builds, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Assists Technical Services Group in aspects of service to Honda and KTH related to substation operation, maintenance or construction.
- Provides assistance in the development and updating of procedures required to maintain compliance with Federal, State and Local Environmental Regulations concerning PCB’s (Polychlorinated Biphenyls), oil handling, UST’s (Underground Storage Tanks) and other applicable environmental areas.
- Assists in the development of the Cooperative’s (general plant) and capital expenditures (system improvements) budgets.
- Responsible for communicating to consumers and potential consumers concerning operating problems, rates, and other technically related areas.
- Provides technical support to the Staking Engineering Group with voltage drop analysis, motor start analysis, fault current analysis and other technically related areas.
- Provides assistance to the Operations Department in areas related to power quality, stray voltage and radio interference issues.
- Responsible for managing miscellaneous projects and other duties as assigned.
- Provides technical support with GIS, AMI, and NISC Suite; Mapping & OMS.
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as deemed necessary or required for the benefit of the Cooperative.
Position requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a minimum of one year of experience in the electric utility industry or directly related field. Experience working with software applications required.
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality. Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills and have strong abilities in organization and supervision. Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks following different techniques and procedures. Must be detail and accuracy oriented. Must be able to perform all duties and requirements associated with the position. Must be able to adapt to a work environment which requires the knowledge to learn and implement new technology. Must be able to attend conferences, seminars and meetings as deemed necessary or required to improve performance.
Individual must have sufficient physical health to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to travel to attend meetings, seminars, etc., which are related to specific job functions. Must be able to speak clearly and fluently over the telephone and in person. Must work well individually and with others. Individual should be able to handle occasional high pressure situations.
Employee must possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license. The employee must operate a motor vehicle on public roads for a moderate portion of working hours. The employee must operate a motor vehicle on public roads for a significant portion of working hours. May require some lifting of up to 40 lbs. on occasion. Involves mostly sitting but could involve long periods of standing or walking. The majority of the position involves inside office work although some outside work during all weather conditions is necessary as related to supervision, inspection, planning, etc. Requires frequent work primarily with the fingers and hands. Must have clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and be able to perceive sounds by ear. The position requires stooping, crouching, reaching, and handling.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- On call
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required)
Ability to Commute: Piqua, OH 45356 (Preferred)
Ability to Relocate: Piqua, OH 45356: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.