Thank you for visiting Pioneer Electric Cooperative's web site and reviewing our privacy and security notice. We remind you that if you link to a site outside of Pioneer Electric Cooperative, you are subject to the policies of the new site.
Here is how we handle information about your visit to our web site:
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you visit our site to read or download information, we collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The name of the Internet domain from which you access our site, for example abccompany.com;
- The Internet address from which you access our site (this is usually a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider);
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site, if any, for example a search engine such as www.google.com;
- The pages you visit and the information you request.
This information is primarily collected for statistical analysis and technical improvements to the site. We use software programs to create summary statistics, which may be used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information, such as by sending an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it through our web site, we will use that information to respond to your message or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication.
Remember e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is sensitive or includes personal information you may prefer to send it to us by postal mail or drop it off in person.
All other personal information that is not collected through this web site and which we may have on file for the purpose of servicing your account, is stored on secure servers not accessible via the Internet.
Cookies are small bits of text that are either used for the duration of a session, or saved on a user's hard drive in order to identify that user, or information about that user, the next time that user logs on to a web site. We store cookies on your computer hard drive if you fill out and submit one of the online forms on our web site. This information is only used to repopulate the data fields that are on these online forms any time you return to them.